We have had a new addition to our team recently; a gentleman by the name of Ne0. Actually he joined a couple of weeks ago now but we thought we'd give him some time to acclimatize a bit before dropping him in the deep end at the mercy of everyone! :P
From here onwards Neo is now the first point of contact for community members regarding accounts or anything else game related. If you want to know something go to him first and if he doesn't know he can surely find the person that does! Saves a lot of running around!
Neo comes from Germany and has been around the place for quite a while - from regular pubs, icy jumps, competitive playing, being involved in Urban Zone and as an admin on various discord servers - so there is a pretty good chance you already know him. We thought it's about time we gave him an official title and put him to official use - our new Community Manager!
If you want to contact him you can either hit him up on our official discord (link below) using the tag @communitymanager, email (also below), or just yell really, really loudly. Probably start with the first two though I'd say. :P
Yay, it’s that time of the year again. Instead of listening to the voice in our heads singing “Last Christmas” we should focus on the good news. As the NationsCup XXI already reached the Playoffs and the Quarter finals are about to be played, the Urban Zone also launches another yearly event: The Urban Zone Winter Cup The Cup will start Sunday, Jan. 6th. So here’s how to proceed:
FrozenSand is thrilled to invite you, the community, to join the developers on their Discord server.
For almost a year now, we have been using this Discord server for internal discussions. Now, we have decided to open it for the broad public in order to ensure short ways of communication, support and discussions with primarily Urban Terror Resurgence in mind. By joining the Discord community, you will be able to receive the latest UrT Resurgence news as well as live support for the previous game version and chat with the development team. Moreover, you'll get more insights and see more WIP content from the developers.
As Discord is now meant to be our primary channel of communication, it is a great way to deliver and receive feedback. Eventually, we will select community members from the Discord server to get exclusive access to the private alpha version of the game, which might be around the corner. Enjoy your stay!
For years we have relied on word of mouth to inform interested parties how to join FrozenSand. We have now set up a recruitment page so you can check out what we are actively looking for. Help us speed up the development of the upcoming UrbanTerror: Resurgence on Unreal Engine 4!
We are currently looking for the following talents:
Information: #1 Project Coordinator #2 Public Relations Manager #3 2D Artist #4 Environment Artist #5 Level Designer #6 AI programmer
Don't see your spot? You can - as always - apply speculatively.
A few months have passed already since this summers' World Cup concluded, so it's time to show off your flags again and represent your country in this year's Urban Terror NationsCup.
• Captains applications from: Now to Saturday, 20th of October
• Captains voting process from: 20th to 29th of October
• Announcement of Captains: 31st of October
The tournament will start on the 1st of November and will end sometime in December. Make sure to submit your application on time!
Captain Application and Voting Process
If you would like to apply for the captain role of your country, send your application to the Urban Zone staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. Please make sure to include crucial information such as your UrT auth and your nationality, but also your age and clan, as well as anything else you believe may convince others to vote for you as your nation's leading captain. The UZ staff will then go through all applications carefully and will look for the most experienced applicants.
As the leaves start turning red again and summer comes to an end, it is time for some competitive Urban Terror again, with the Urban Zone Fall Cup.
We hope you had a great summer pause, and come back, recharged and focused, to compete for the chance to claim the right of calling yourselves the best team around. This time there will be a total of 16 teams battling it out and only a few spots are left, so be sure to head on over to urban-zone.org/index.php?name=Competition&event=179 and sign your team up!
The rules, as well as the game modes will stay the same as previous Cups, but if you’re in need of a quick refresh, they are listed on the cups page.
The 2018 Fall Cup will start on Wednesday, September 12th. We hope to see you compete for the crown.
Although we make the best effort to ensure the stability of our releases, a bug occurring on very rare occasions fell under our radar in the 4.3.3 release.
The 4.3.4 release should fix this bug, which would induce random game crashes and freezes on specific maps (especially Eagle).
To update your game client, simply run the UrTUpdater executable from your game folder. You can alternatively download the full Urban Terror 4.3.4 pack or the 4.3.3 to 4.3.4 update package.
Information: This release contains several important security fixes as well as various bug fixes and improvements. It is highly recommended to update as soon as possible.
• Fixed the random crash issues which happened especially (but not only) on the map Eagle #431
• Fixed several potential buffer overflow exploits
• Fixed the bug where unpinning a 2nd nade in a row and switching to another weapon would result in the nade being dropped on the floor. #26
• Fixed players being stuck with level 19 in Gun Game when g_randomorder was set to 1 #436
• Magnum: fixed the reload animation and the reappearance of the crosshair not being completely synced
• Bomb mode: fixed SurvivorWinner events not being written in the server logs in some situations. #293
• In order to free up some space in the "serverinfo" variable, and to try to prevent the "info string length exceeded" error messages on the servers, and the subsequent potential bugs:
1 Removed g_bombDefuseTime and g_bombExplodeTime from the serverinfo
2 Changed g_teamnameRed and g_teamnameBlue to g_nameRed and g_nameBlue
3 Removed the "Clan" and "Location" serverinfo vars from server_example.cfg - server admins are free to add them back to their configs if needed
4 Removed auth_tags, auth_verbosity, auth_cheaters and auth_log from the serverinfo as they weren't strictly needed
5 Removed dmflags from the serverinfo string, it's an unused leftover from Quake 2
6 This frees up about 115 chars in the serverinfo string
• Fixed output of the "where" client command
• Fixed map/next map vote menu ignoring previously highlighted map and calling vote with the first map on the list #122
• Menus: fixed inconsistencies in leading space in weapon select screen. #304
Thanks to an incredible community effort led by mickael9, you are now able to play Urban Terror 4.3 on an engine which is up to date with the latest ioquake3 features. This engine brings support for VoIP, Mumble, a new OpenGL2 renderer, and fixes hundreds of engine bugs along the way.
If you wish to try this new engine version (currently in beta), please open your UrTUpdater, go to File -> Settings and select the "ioq3-m9" engine.
Many thanks to the players who have reported issues on our GitHub repository. We would also like to say a special thank you to the DrunkNoobs clan as well as mickael9 and TTimo for their help with debugging the game crash issue.
Edit:Urban Terror 4.3.4 will be released this Thursday, June 21st in the evening.
The Urban Terror 4.3.4 release will include some important bug fixes regarding the game's stability and security. The crash issues on some maps and servers were especially tricky to tackle but they should now be fixed.
In order to confirm the bug fixes, a pre-release of UrT 4.3.4 is available now for testing:
The Urban Zone League is pleased to announce that it is organizing a 2vs2 Cup; the DreamStars!
Urban Zone is proud to invite you starting on Sunday, May 13th. Everyone is invited to participate and try to win the prize!
The tournament will span several weeks with a variety of maps. To participate, it is necessary that you are using an Urban Terror AUTH account and that you are registered on the Urban Zone website. For this first edition of the DreamStars 2vs2 Cup, the League will offer 50€ for the winning team and 20€ for the second place.
If you have any questions or inquiries, you're very welcome to join the league on its Discord or Teamspeak (ts.urban-terror.fr) servers, feel free to ask the admins anything you want.
It is with huge pleasure that the Urban Zone league announces the new competition; even including a Cash Prize for the sunny Spring Cup this time. The rules will be the same as the Winter Cup and game modes will be the same as last time for both cups (Pro & Fun).
The best 8 teams of the Fun Cup will join the Pro Cup to have the possibility to win the so desired Cash prize!
Starting now, you can sign up here for the Pro Cup and here for the Fun Cup.
Pro Cup and Fun Cup will start Monday 23rd of April so be ready!
6 and a half years ago I was asked to become admin of the Splatterladder. During the last 6 years we had a total downtime of 51 hours, caused by several defects like broken hard disks (in total 9 were destroyed yet), a broken power supply or a runaway update. A lot of work was necessary to patch an outdated operating system to keep it in a working and safe state. But now the time has come to upgrade the operating system to ensure safety and continuity without compiling everything from source.
The SL codebase was written a long time ago, and I'm not able to guess how long it will take to bring all services back to life. I'll do my very best to minimize the interruption(s).
Hi folks, maybe you noticed the current hype. And what the hell is a hype if nobody follows?. We do follow. Splatterladder is starting to use https encryption. During the next weeks, successive each SL section will be available over the https-protocol.
If you're using our server monitor, mumble-viewer or the signature, you can switch to https also. (Maybe you noticed, that http-content included on https-sites causes a warning in the browsers address bar).
While the development team is working hard on Urban Terror Resurgence with the goal to bring it to your screens quickly, we have cooked a 4.3.3 release for Urban Terror : Still Dying.
Information: This release contains several important security fixes and various bug fixes and improvements. It is highly recommended to update as soon as possible.
To update your game client, simply run the UrTUpdater executable from your game folder. You can alternatively download the full Urban Terror 4.3.3 pack or the 4.3.2 to 4.3.3 update package.
• Fixed CVE-2017-6903 #73
• Fixed a potential buffer overflow exploit with the funstuff cvars
• Fixed a potential exploit with the cl_guid variable
• Fixed a potential exploit: do not allow loading .menu files from the /download/ subfolder and enforce menu files to have the .menu extension
• Fixed a potential exploit where the result of the /stats command called by a spectator while following a player would be sent to the followed player instead of the spectator
• Fixed a potential exploit with ROM and INIT cvar types being forced to USERINFO
• Fixed the server browser not showing any server when using the legacy Quake 3 engine
• Fixed modern ioq3 engines crashing with the error "Engine linkage error #31" #399
• Fixed the substitute status being sometimes applied when g_matchmode = 0 #404
• Fixed substitute players randomly spawning and being invincible on map restart in certain game modes
• Fixed wrong value of y-axis being used when loading a saved position in Jump mode #80
• Jump mode: fixed persistent position saving which was sometimes loading another player's saved position #131
• Gun Game: fixed being stuck with the HK69 when playing with g_randomorder 1 #394
• Tweaked the FR-F1: torso/vest hits make players bleed. Zoom reset if getting >= 50% of damage (previously: 20%)
• Tweaked P90's and Benelli's positions on screen #217
• Potentially fixed fire mode of a spectated player's weapon being sometimes picked up #7
• Fixed bots failing to load on Cascade and Kingdom
• Tweaked bot files for UrT 4.3.3
• Fixed g_inactivity timer inconsistencies #414
• Fixed the rcon "players" command that wasn't always displaying player's auth names #419
• Fixed /rcon players command returning wrong slot and IP values for clients
• Added current half info to /rcon players if g_swaproles is set to 1
• Fixed a bug where a map_restart after changing the g_matchmode cvar would spawn the same random weapon an infinite number of times #81
• Fixed g_redteamlist and g_blueteamlist not always being recognized as valid server cvars #83
• Potentially fixed the "Couldn't find weapon xx" error which was introduced in 4.2.014
• Fixed the TOD50 texture file size which was causing a crash on map load when using the legacy Quake 3 engine
• Updated quake3's master server port in server_example.cfg (please update your custom server configs!)
• Fixed the server browser showing several times the same servers when quickly refreshing the list multiple times
• Clarified server browser filter options
• Fixed a bug where spamming a key binding while downloading a map would result in a "client overflow" game crash
• Fixed ignore list not being saved on map reload/change and other inconsistencies with the /ignore command #23
• Replaced all .png textures with .tga textures to fix some UI elements not being displayed correctly when using the legacy Quake 3 engine
Many thanks to the players who have reported issues on our GitHub repository, as well as community developers who contributed to the engine code, menus files and bot files: Ionkamikaze, IyeOnline, mickael9, NotVeryGood, Z3nny and travmon.